Monday 26 December 2011

Creative space: making a bag from my handspun

Just got into a creative space! (You should see my room now)
I've been learning how to spin at a spinning circle in Nairn and I'm enjoying it immensely. Now Patsy, our leading spinster, started off a competition. We all got some fleece (from the Welsh Lleyn sheep) and the idea is to make a bag. Now competitions scare the lot out of me AND I'm just a beginning spinster, so I decided I'll have to impress with something else then my spinning skills :) I have been experimenting dyeing with plants and am crocheting these bit together. I hope they will form a bag someday. The pattern I use is from attic24
The yellow is a second bath with onion skins and the brown is a lichen: Lungwort (Lobaria pulmonaria).
By the way: I switch to English. A bilingual blog is just too much fuss and most Dutch people read English quite well. Maybe I'll change the name of the blog too... Any suggestions?

1 comment:

De Gulle Aarde said...

Leuk dat je nu ook spint!!
Ben zelf ook druk bezig momenteel, straks weer met verschillende planten verven....erg verslavend. Mooie kleur met dat longmos.
Oh......en je mist heel veel bij de studiegroep ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...